Sunday, December 27, 2009

DREAMS vs. TRUTH in the 1950s

I have to say it’s a BITCH when you have those reoccurring dreams that don’t leave you alone. I mean it’s one thing to have a dream that actually means something important. FOR EXAMPLE, a memory that comes out of the blue about a loved one, a black and white film that goes off in your head like an old CHARLE CHAPLIN BIOGRAPHY, or even a BLAST FROM THE PAST that ingeniously turns out to uncover something from your dark forgotten past. BUT COME ON, you know what I’m talking about. Those STUPID ASS DREAMS that make NO sense at all. LOL

Ok see…I had this dream about an EX that reoccurred a couple times, LUCKILY NOT IN A ROW. Well not about him per se, but he was somewhat like the LEADING LADY of the thing. I’m not going to give out any names so lets call him BOB. I know not creative at all. Haha.
 So here we are in an old 1950s styled gym that definitely feels like we are in that era. I see the NERD IN THE CORNER with the big MRS. DOUBTFIRE GLASSES and at my left an image of the unforgiving GYM TEACHER (the one who everyone knows is a BIG LESSIE, but who is also the one who will never be asked, because no one has big enough COJONES to confront her about it). BOB and I looked very clean cut with some version of plaid on. Ok to cut to the chase, this is how we kind of looked. ->

 MINUS THE ALFALFA SET UP IN THE FRONT…

Photobucket


We walked into a booth, almost exactly like the ones we use for the secret ballots, and there it was…THE PART OF THE DREAM that made no sense. As I came closer my eyes widened even FUCKIN MORE, because there was a paper and a pencil with some spotlight on it. You’re probably thinking, REALLY A FUCKIN PAPER AND PENCIL, THAT’S IT. The weird and troubling part of it were the words written in sequence. The ballot had one simple question on it (ARE YOU READY!!!). It looked like this–

1)   ARE YOU A TOP OR A BOTTOM?

o   Top
o   Bottom

…..Really, are you FUCKIN KIDDING ME……like come on. What is the point of that?   And to even make it more interesting, as BOB AND I stood there next to each other, I noticed him leaning over to cheat like it was so hard of a question. COME ON!!!!

If I had to, I could talk more into detail about the different philosophies of the Egyptians and Greeks when it came to dream interpretation, but really Aristotle was right with this one. Ok here is a quick lesson to understand what I’m talking about. A lot of the Greeks believed our dreams were “DIVINE MESSAGES FROM THE GODS,” while EGYPTIANS saw them as, “ANSWERS FROM THE GODS WHO WERE TRYING TO HELP THEM TROUBLESHOOT THERE OWN MAN MADE PROBLEMS.” No I was not born with this knowledge. I actually learned it in a philosophy class from a very WISE and OLD MAN named Professor Coppola. If you are ever at CSUN this is the philosophy teacher to have. He not only teaches his students the importance of human condition, but he also offers a generous FOOT UP YOUR ASS if you try to fall asleep in his class. A very funny guy I have to say and to be honest you wouldn’t want to sleep in his class anyways. He is someone that I HIGHLY RESPECT, because he tells it like it is. IN AN ENLIGHTING WAY OF COURSE. Lol……
*******BUT ANYWAYS……The reason I bring up ARISTOTLE is because he pressed  on saying that “DREAMS ARE A MERE COINCIDENCE.” I’ll stop with this philosophy lesson, because you’re probably sleeping on me. Not like that, I know that kind of came out wrong…..as well as that…but anyways the point is THE DREAM WAS VIRTUALLY POINTLESS. Or at least that is how I’m going to take it. 

“WE ALL HAVE WEIRD DREAMS AND SITUATIONS THAT HAPPEN TO US. SOMETIMES THEY CAN BE EXPLAINED, SOMETIMES WE CAN LEARN FROM THEM, SOMETIMES THEY ARE WARNINGS, OR SOMETIMES THEY ARE JUST BULLSHIT.  

IT just depends on how you look at them. Or should I say HOW YOU CHOSE TO LOOK AT THEM, it’s all about balance when it comes to surviving. ;)

HASTA

No comments:

Post a Comment