Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day and Frank Sinatra

     I got to say, it has been lovely so far this Christmas. So far no fists, no screaming at the top of our lungs, and no reason to call the cops. lol..Last year was a measure beyond measure. Fill with tamales, foreign cousins, and an Uncle who didn't really know how TO PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN. Hey I have nothing against drinking, but we all know what happens when we finish that last sip at the bottom of the bottle, the bottle we end off drinking all to ourselves, because everyone else wanted to be good boys and girls that year. YES, - we become the granny in the corner who ends up squatting in the backyard- making noises that only whales can translate. This year is probably going to be quite the same, obviously, but without the cops, AT LEAST I HOPE.  My dad does not drink because he is a recovering alcoholic, and my mom drinks only when she can fit it into her schedule. I don't mean it in a bad way, just my dad believes it's a sin above all religion to take a sip now, and my mom is a workaholic. lol. Just kidding on the MOM part. I love her. But just the mom part. The dad part ...Ya... if you knew him, you would understand what I am talking about.




     I actually feel bad for people who do not drink, because it really is a fancy when it comes down to it. FRANK SINATRA said it best when he said, " I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Look, I don't drink cause I have to, I don't drink every minute of every day-MAYBE BECAUSE NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE, BUT WHOSE ASKING- and I don't go bombarding the streets at 3 o'clock in the morning like a crack head on Santa Monica Blvd and Hancock. Yes I knew that area very well once. But I do like my drinks once in a while. A nice wild berry martini, apple tini, Kamikaze, or even to be more specific- MY FAVORITE- a BELVEDERE MARTINI-STRAIGHT UP-XTRA DIRTY-W/ 3 OLIVES. I can probably survive on a beer or a RUM AND COKE- but hey this is my blog and I want what I want. Thank you, Frank Sinatra- BECAUSE WITH OUT YOU , LIFE AT TIMES WOULD OF HAD NO MEANING....


Hasta 

No comments:

Post a Comment